Saturday, April 10, 2010

Healthy Morning Smoothie Snack

I woke up this morning with a pretty intense hankering for something sweet and healthy.  After the week of socializing and eating out, I just wanted to sit down and relax with something simple yet satisfying.  I was pacing in the kitchen, snacking on some dried lychees from my buddies @Megafruit... when I decided to look through my fridge and freezer, and what did I see?  All the perfect ingredients to whip up a quick smoothie! 



Very Berry Smoothie:

This is so easy, and so delicious... I tend to just add whatever fruits I have in my fridge or freezer at the particular time.  CAN'T wait for berry season so I can start using fresh ones again!
  • Take out your blender
  • Pour 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of OJ into the bottom of the blender
  • Toss in about 3 frozen strawberries and 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
  • Start the blender on about a 4 "speed" setting for about 30 seconds
  • Add more liquid (your choice of milk or OJ) if the motor on the blender gets stopped up.  
  • Watch closely as the smoothie liquifies, and stop the blender once it reaches your desired consistency. 
  • I love mine rich and thick, so I sometimes even throw a scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream in on a hot summer day.  (If you choose to do this, put the scoop in about 10 seconds before you finish blending)
  • Once you smoothie's looking how you like it, pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
This will be the perfect accompaniment for my afternoon of work!  I'm pretty excited that I have some architectural design work going on the side now... so it'll be a smoothie and designy afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is really inspiring and also super pretty! Keep up the good work and you've got a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linn,

    Thanks so much for stopping by! I am so happy to hear that you find my writing inspirational. I'll be keeping my eye out for your show on youtube as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article. Sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Angela! Congrats on the blog! I had no idea you were GF, but it sounds like you are doing well and making the most of it. Your blog is great. I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Grungry Girl.
© 2010 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.