I woke up this morning with a pretty intense hankering for something sweet and healthy. After the week of socializing and eating out, I just wanted to sit down and relax with something simple yet satisfying. I was pacing in the kitchen, snacking on some dried lychees from my buddies @Megafruit... when I decided to look through my fridge and freezer, and what did I see? All the perfect ingredients to whip up a quick smoothie!
Very Berry Smoothie:
This is so easy, and so delicious... I tend to just add whatever fruits I have in my fridge or freezer at the particular time. CAN'T wait for berry season so I can start using fresh ones again!
- Take out your blender
- Pour 1/4 cup of milk and 1/4 cup of OJ into the bottom of the blender
- Toss in about 3 frozen strawberries and 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
- Start the blender on about a 4 "speed" setting for about 30 seconds
- Add more liquid (your choice of milk or OJ) if the motor on the blender gets stopped up.
- Watch closely as the smoothie liquifies, and stop the blender once it reaches your desired consistency.
- I love mine rich and thick, so I sometimes even throw a scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream in on a hot summer day. (If you choose to do this, put the scoop in about 10 seconds before you finish blending)
- Once you smoothie's looking how you like it, pour into a tall glass and enjoy!
This will be the perfect accompaniment for my afternoon of work! I'm pretty excited that I have some architectural design work going on the side now... so it'll be a smoothie and designy afternoon.