A Springtime Inspired Pasta Recipe:1/2 a box of Rice Pasta (spaghetti or angel hair)- (I prefer 2 Packages of House Tofu Shirataki, if you can find it)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts- Salted and peppered
1 medium sized Zucchini- sliced into 1/4 rounds
1 small Sweet onion- diced
1/2 lb of Grape tomatoes
1 tsp of capers
1-2 tbsp of italian parsley- chopped
1-2 tsp of marjoram and basil- dried
1/3 c of EV Olive Oil
4 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil for the pasta.
- Season the chicken, and toss the breasts onto a hot frying pan, and sear the breasts, flipping after about 5 minutes.
- After prepping the veggies, throw them all into another hot saute pan (an oven safe pan for this task!). Season with salt, pepper, herbs (fresh + dried), red pepper flakes, EVOO and the balsamic vinegar! Saute for about 5 minutes (while the chicken is on the 2nd side)
- THEN, here's the magic- toss the chicken breasts into the veggie mix, and put it all into the oven!
- Roast the veggies and chicken until the zucchini browns and softens, and the chicken is cooked through. This should be about another 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the pasta in the water and prepare as instructed on package.
- Once veggies and chicken are ready, toss them atop the pasta- and serve with some fresh italian parsley or basil!