Anyway, Betty was kind enough to share the recipe with me, so I could post it here.
4 c gluten-free elbow pasta (I prefer Tinkyada pasta)
6 Tbs butter
4 Tbs gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 c milk
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and butter a casserole dish.
- Prepare pasta per package instructions.
- In a stockpot or large sauce pan, melt the 6 tablespoons of butter. On medium heat, blend in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the milk slowly to the pot. Continue to cook and stir mixture until it thickens.
- Add the cubed cheddar cheese and stir until the mix is melted.
- Mix the pasta into the cheese mixture, until thoroughly coated with cheese. Then pour the contents into the casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Voila!- Serve while still hot, or reheat as necessary!
|Just as good the next day!|